You have surely heard the famous saying, “Men are from Mars and women are from Venus”. Yes, love differences have always been a subject of debate.
From the patriarchal conception that women are supposed to stay home to take care of children while men work for gender equality in our modern society.
Clearly, men and women differ in many ways. But is this really a problem? After all, they say opposites attract, right?
However, the main source of tension between men and women is found in the ambiguity that exists between their respective behaviors within the couple.
Indeed, women prefer to speak directly about their emotions while men do not feel safe enough to share their feelings.
Thus, they prefer to show their emotions rather than talk about them. So what is going on?
Madame analyzes all of Monsieur’s words, tries to find hidden meanings and interprets as she sees fit. But she forgets that her partner doesn’t spend her time using metaphors!
Well yeah, sometimes when he says something he really means it. Crazy, right?
Come on, I’ll try to make your life easier. Here’s a list of 20 phrases your partner might be saying. Know that if he says them, you don’t have to worry about it.
He really means what he says, and you don’t need to do a deep analysis or psychological study of his words.
1. Sometimes I like it when you take the first step.
2. I like to sleep next to you.
3. When I catch you looking at me discreetly, it makes my day better.
4. Yes, I think there are a lot of attractive women in this world. But that doesn’t mean you’re less beautiful than they are.
5. If I don’t always know how to show that I care about you, that doesn’t mean that I don’t think about you or that I’m emotionless, it’s just harder for me to express them.
6. I love it when the little things make you happy.
7. When I make a mistake giving you a compliment, don’t think I’m doing it on purpose. I don’t take you for granted, I’m just clumsy.
8. It’s hard for me to say “I love you”. I think my behavior clearly shows that words mean less to me than actions.
9. If I smile at you as I walk past you or when our eyes meet, that doesn’t mean I only have one thing on my mind.
10. Sometimes I need some space and some free time for myself.
11. When I say everything is fine, it means everything is fine.
12. Do not play childish games. I hate it when you blow hot and cold it could have a serious impact on our relationship.
13. If you walk away in the middle of an argument, don’t think I’m going to follow you. Leaving means you need time to think and then I’ll give it to you.
14. I remember everything you say so there is no point in making things up.
15. Don’t tell me “everything is fine” when I know it isn’t.
16. You are much prettier than you think.
17. Don’t judge me against my friends. Just because we’re hanging out doesn’t mean we’re all the same.
18. When I tell you something with confidence, I expect you to keep it to yourself. Don’t tell your friends!
19. Don’t think I’m going to notice that you love me just because it’s obvious to you. You too have to show me that you care about me.
20. Understand that you are beautiful to me as a woman … At first glance, I may have been attracted by your appearance but it is your personality that capsized my heart.
Men aren’t really known for their incredible ability to change their minds. So relax and take what they tell you at face value.
No need to analyze every sentence, every detail … Otherwise, you’ll drive yourself crazy. Sometimes all the cards are on the table and all you have to do is play the hands that are offered to you.
In addition, analyzing and questioning everything creates a lot of tension and doubts within the couple. So, it is impossible to have a healthy and balanced relationship.